Cob: foundations, tree roots

GrenSheltr at aol.com GrenSheltr at aol.com
Fri Apr 26 06:24:53 CDT 2002

In a message dated 4/26/2002 2:45:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
yourelovedbygod at juno.com writes:

> After all, they say the root system can extend laterally 2-3 times the
> drip line.

just took a forestry class and one of the things I learned was that most tree
roots DO go laterally rather than straight down --- even stacking building
materials in the area around the tree or walking or driving there can kill a
tree as it hurts the soil's ability to breathe ---- and YES just going
outside the drip line is NOT enough - and it surely is much easier and less
expensive to take a tree down before the house is built <g>   as much as it
pains me to take down any tree <g>   Linda Lloyd - The Quarries ecoVillage