Cob: foundations, tree roots

Miranda Sterling miranda at clearlightsoap.com
Fri Apr 26 11:21:19 CDT 2002

Good and reassuring thoughts, Rick.

I would also agree that trees are a *bit* more hardy than suggested.  What
about the apparently quite healthy cedar elm that is right beside my gravel
driveway?  I drive back and forth over it's roots all the time and it
doesn't seem to mind a bit; been doing it for years.

I'm going to have to check with some local builders to see what the common
understanding is about treeroots undermining foundations.