Cob: Re: Blue clay

toswink toswink at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 28 02:01:39 CDT 2002

you can have it tested. some clay is blue and has nothing to do with oil
from us.
In south georgia clay colors if natural tell  people were there is other
minerals.
In one wall where the indians from the past used to make bowls there were
blue red and green layers.
if it is from oil I guess you must decide how to break it down.
comfrey and other plants can convert clay into rich black soil.
IF toxic i guess I would see if it could be dried out and then used.
county extension office and state labs can take core samples and tell not
only if there is toxics but what plants and trees are looking for
so take photos of your plants and they will help you with many things.