Cob: Couple Of Questions

snakedancer at gulftel.com snakedancer at gulftel.com
Wed Jul 17 20:52:24 CDT 2002

Hello all. A couple of questions here. It looks as though this may become a
reality. Anyway, my father brought up a question. Little background....my Mom
and Dad were really sad to hear about me selling our house since we all built
it until I told them about doing a cob. LOL kinda like Tom Sawyer and white
wasging the fence. Anyway he was wondering how long can the wall you are
working on sit like between building. What if it dries before you egt back to
putting more cob on it. Is this something that once you start you must saty on
it or can it go two or three days between applications of cob. Will it make it
weak. Like pouring concrete letting one section dry and pouring the next. It
becomes weak at that point.
    Next, I was looking at some of the sites when I first started out on this
quest and ran across a home in Tennessee that sits on 59 acres I believe and
was being sold for 259K. It was very beautiful and sitting in a valley. I
wanted to show my family but I can't seem to find it again. If someone knows
about it would you let me know where to find the pics so I can show them.
Thanks. CJ