Cob: sacrilege

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Mon Aug 19 01:47:52 CDT 2002

Dave,

in addition to the good advice Shannon gave, you might take a look at
the URL below, it covers a lot of, what seems like very good surface
treatments from natural casein paint to some called "terra clay paint"
and linseed oils.   A good lime wash might be enough for itself for a
house, but I wouldn't know its durabiliity for being constantly rubbed
by people sitting down, getting up, and twisting from side to side, like
people do.

http://ecopaint.com/resinoil.html

An idea on the wild side, you might consider the equivalent to a
thatched roof, a thatched pad for sitting on and or shucking the rain,
and a miny thatch roof if you have a tall back to the seat/bench.  In a
few years you might have grass growin in the thatch.   Or even a simple
canvas that can be thrown over a frame put up around the bench.   The
thatch would be fun to experiment with, if you have reeds or similar
plants nearby.

Darel

Re:> Hi All,