Google
Web www.deatech.com

Cob: Linseed Oil

Michael Wye Mikewye at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 31 11:42:19 PDT 2002

In the UK linseed oil is usually supplied "raw" or "boiled".
Raw linseed oil doesn't dry particularly quickly ( certainly not within 3-5
days) which is why the "Boiled" version exists.
Raw linseed oil is filtered linseed oil whereas Boiled linseed oil contains
chemicals to accelerate the setting
There's an excellent summary in this article link
www.violinvarnish.com/linseed.htm
that tells you everything you ever wanted or didn't want to know about
linseed oil.
Raw linseed oil is usually available in Agricultural Merchants selling to
farmers and is relatively cheap in the UK (£12 per 5 litres = $15/gallon)
hope this helps,
Mike
Mike Wye & Associates,
Natural Building & Decorating Products
www.mikewye.co.uk
01409-281644
sales at mikewye.co.uk

Solar powered hosting (from our cob office building) provided by: DeaTech Research Inc. using Debian Linux based servers.  We highly recommend, use, and provide support services for Debian Linux Logo Debian Linux.

If you should have any problems with this page or website, please send email describing the problem(s) to: webmaster@deatech.com

Last Modified: Wednesday, 09-Dec-2009 17:33:48 PST

If you wish to be permanently blocked from ever being able to send email to this domain, send your SPAM messages to: blackhole@deatech.com