Cob: questions

Angy Violet angyygna at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 15:08:46 CDT 2002

I am really interested in cob construction, and have
been trying to find out more info about it. First, I
need to find out what the building code specifications
are in bc, canada, and if cob can pass inspection
there. I know of a couple places on remote islands
that exist, but is it possible to create your own
house on privately owned bc land? I can only find
american info, even at the libraries.
I also need to know about the consistency of the cob
mixture, as we would like to start experimenting with
it, by making statues,etc.
My next request, is for any information regarding the
specific properties of cob building. Why can you only
build it 16ft? How does it hold in the snow? What are
the disadvantages?