Cob: Grandson's playhouse

Melanie Kleiner woolylam at designsbywoolylam.com
Fri Sep 27 09:59:00 CDT 2002

Hi! I am very new to this list. Although I have been reading up alot in the
archives, I haven't gotten through it all. My husband thinks this whole
concept is crazy, but I think its exciting! I was thinking of next summer
having my grandson help me build him a little playhouse as an experiment.
(He will be 2 1/2 then and stomping in mud should be fun)

Here's my main question though. We live in NE Iowa and get some strong winds
and rains in the summer and of course wind and snow in the winter. Is cob
even going to be feasible for us here? I noticed most of the places people
are building is in moderate, drizzly, or dry climates. I thought of a
strawbale/cob combination too. I have the winter to plan and dream and so
any input is extremely welcome.

I have appreciated reading the other comments and ideas- lots of food for
thought!
Melanie