Cob: Re: Re: The $0 Per Square Foot House

toswink toswink at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 30 16:08:47 CDT 2002

DOwnUnder they take pvc pipe[trays etc] and grown plants in 1/3 the time
outside or inside. With hydroponics.
It is a very fast cheap way to grow a lot. It may be even earthern troughs
to hold mositure and vermiculite or sand pebbles.
One person had a bat house and from thier waste it gave him a endless supply
of nutrients.

I used trays to grow a large amount of produce. Each day of growing I would
plant another tray. This way it produced ready to eat fruit every day. The
only draw backs was that it is not automatic. Unless you consider the humans
who kept it up:).
My way to ciruclate the nutrients was to have a five gallon plastic can with
a hose running to the trays. I lifted it up in the mornings and allowed it
to drain and then placed the can on the ground.

Also a friend grew a roll of hybred trees each year. untill he had the age
and size of tree that would ideal to cutdown for fire wood. The trees were
of the type that the it regrows from the same trunk. This was twenty years
ago and to this day they still have trees growing .I think they were popular
trees from rodale press magazine.