Cob: RE: earth bags/cob domes

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 8 19:27:04 CDT 2002

Back in the 60's I used to know someone who had once done with ferrocement
what the earth oven people are doing with cob--but on a house sized scale.
Pile up sand, put your final material over it, remove the sand.  Have to be
a lot more careful with structure trying house-sized with cob than either
cob earth oven or ferrocement.

Wattle and daub over bent (or tipi-shaped) framework?

Ben sighed:
Also, before someone suggests that I simply build a Native American
earthmound structure or hogan or some other already proven technique,
I'm trying to explore a hybrid of some of these things. That's the whole
point. Was I clear enough this time?
- Ben