FW: Cob: insulation idea

jen walker jwalker at magma.ca
Sat Oct 12 22:38:22 CDT 2002

----------
From: "jen walker" <jwalker at magma.ca>
To: Charmaine R Taylor <tms at northcoast.com>
Subject: Re: Cob: insulation idea
Date: Sat, Oct 12, 2002, 12:13 PM

Thanks for your idea Charmaine. I guess I've been a bit afraid of getting
into strawbale in the walls and have been trying to think of ways around it
in our northern clime because of moisture/molding issues. Not that this
happens every time but we feel very very inexperienced as it is. I was
thinking of buying the 'Serious Strawbale' book by Michel Bergeron & Paul
Kacinski but I doubt it covers strawbale/cob hybrids. If anyone out there
can recommend any detailed info on cob & strawbale together, the best way to
combine them and whether there are any examples out there that have
sustained cozy interiors in sub-zero temps, I'd love to hear about them.

Jen Walker