Cob: OFF TOPIC: any ideas on a roofover for my mobile homes?

JanetinTenn at aol.com JanetinTenn at aol.com
Tue Oct 15 11:44:50 CDT 2002

Hello Cobbers,
After building a 15 x 23 straw bale prototype on my country land last summer,
I decided I would rather build a round cob house instead so...thats what Im
workin toward.

I live in Nashville and my land is on the Cumberland Plateau (Crossville TN),
a 2 hr drive.  I drag anyone I can talk into helping, up there on weekends to
help clear the trees and work on the drive way ect.   I always have to put me
and them up in the local hotel at $85 bucks per nite per room, plus buy em
some dinner.   I got really tired of forking out all that $$ and haveing to
stay 10 miles from the property so,  I bought an old mobile home 12x60 and
had it dragged up there.  The guy who hauled it told me about a lady who had
to have a 12x70 trailer moved off her property cause of city codes.   So... I
got a free trailer too, (except for hauling fees).  Now I have two, hideous
old (1975 model) trailers parked side by side, leveled and blocked on the
land so I will have a place to sleep and cook ect when I go work on my cob
house.

After the trip up there, and the set up, they both started leaking.   I am
trying to design an easy, cheap way to roof over the two to prevent them from
leaking and to provide some shade so I wont have to run an airconditioner.
The average summer temp on the plateau is 82 wonderful degrees (except inside
an aluminum encased box, where it is about 95).

Any ideas for a cheap, easy roofover?    thanx, janet