Cob: Re OFF TOPIC roofs on pole buildings

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 16 08:05:00 CDT 2002

I didn't get in on the beginning of this, which has never stopped me yet.

Pull-behind travel trailer?  If I had a place where a 2-car carport could
conveniently be located eventually, I'd put the trailer under one of those
seven- or eight-hundred dollar carports.  Ugly, but useful.  And if
collecting rainwater would be useful, probably pretty good for that as well.
  It would cut down on the light, one of the nice things about my travel
trailer, but....

Around here, mobile homes occasionally get encased in a pole frame with a
roof.  With a long, roofed deck on the front, all of a sudden they look
pretty good.  Once again, this might be economically feasible if you needed
a pole barn there eventually.

Anything to avoid flapping tarps getting loose in a thunderstorm with
twenty-five mile an hour winds and plenty of lightning.   Trying to go
outside and minimize the damage in a storm might well involve medical bills
that would have made the more expensive solutions cheap.

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now!