Cob: alternatives to inside doors

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Thu Nov 7 11:07:05 CST 2002

Curtained doorways for inner walls are very functional.  In Europe that
are called Portiers ( from portal) and in many houses around the world
heavy tapestry  door hangings keep out drafts, allow privacy and can
come down in the summer months.

In my old house I use sheers in the summer to separate the kitchen and
LR for visual privacy, and in winter a hand made quilted curtain-set
stops drafts and keeps the heat where I want it , in the room I am in
most of the time.  I think fabric door quilts can be a beautiful
statement for any cob or other type home, and are low cost to make.

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten (Eureka) CA 95534
707-441-1632