Cob: Northwest Regional Natural Builder's Gathering

Michele H. Brooks brookdancer at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 30 14:14:26 CST 2002

<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Riversong Forest Sanctuary announces: </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>The Northwest Regional Natural Builder^Òs Gathering and Beltane Celebration </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>April 27 ^Ö May 2, 2003 </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Join the local natural building community to celebrate progress, strengthen </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>our bonds, exchange expertise, and get to know this beautifully budding spiritual </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>retreat center in the heart of the magnificent Hood River Gorge.   We will co-create greenbuiding art, play music, sing, dance, tell stories, make new friendships, and reunite with old friends.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Registration for the gathering is at a reduced rate of $100 check or money order due to:  <STRONG>Radiance,</STRONG> <STRONG>3226 Dee Highway, Hood River, Oregon, 97031, </STRONG>by April 18, 2003.  In return for this deep discount we are asking that attendees sign up onsite to participate in small fun natural building projects (see the project wish list below) and/or assisting with meal preparation and cleanup. Workshop fees have not yet been set.  Let us know if you are interested and we will keep you appraised as things evolve.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>You may direct your inquiries to <A href="mailto:brookdancer at hotmail.com">brookdancer at hotmail.com</A>
<DIV>Please visit Riversong Forest Sanctuary's website at <A href="http://www.zerocircles.com/riversong.htm">www.zerocircles.com/riversong.htm</A> </DIV></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Additional associated events, additional fees to be announced /set by instructors: </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>*March 30th ^Ö April 6th: Workshop in foundations for strawbale and cob </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>projects </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>*April 27th ^Ö May 2nd: Strawbale and Cob bread oven workshops ^Ö during the </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>gathering these two workshops will be conducted for those who wish to learn the </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>fundamentals of beginning these kinds of projects. Please pass on the word </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>about these workshops to new natural builders, non-builders or conventional builders who are interested. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>*Potential for a Portland Natural Building Convergence organizer^Òs meeting/retreat. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Accommodations: </STRONG>Rustic! Community camping indoors in our geodesic dome or </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>yurt using your own sleeping bag and mat, or outdoors in your tent. There is </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>space for car camping and small RVs. Both indoor and outdoor showers. Hot tub and, </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>weather permitting, fire circle, and sweat lodge on certain nights. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Food: Organic Vegetarian ^Ö please notify us of food allergies when you register and we </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>will do our best to accommodate them. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>This is a respectful drug and alcohol free event taking place on sacred land. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Wish list: </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Leaders to conduct the three workshops: foundations, strawbale building, and bread oven. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Leaders for the small projects as defined below. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Prep cooks, Dish washers </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Skilled builders who would like to stay on for a short while afterwards to help finish </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>projects </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Slide projectors for evening presentations </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Guitarists, drummers, singers, dancers, joyous audiences </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Project wish list: </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Materials ^Ö Urbanite, potter^Òs tailings </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Fence - Round wood and suspended wood slab for hot tub privacy </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Kiosks - Cob entry marker, trail head information stations </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Wall/bench - addition to cob bread oven project </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Bench/wall/gateway - Cob and round wood pond entry and fence </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Trail building on 2 paths down to the beaches ^Ö railroad ties or round wood with stone </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>and gravel </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Finishing of small round wood bridge </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Wall ^Ö dry-stacked stone wall for cliff protection </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>We hope that you can come to be with us for all or part of that week. There should be plenty of good company, food, laughter, information, reunions with old friends, and new friendships to make. Come and join this growing tribe of earth-centered, spirited people who are working on real solutions to the challenges our planet faces. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I apologize if you recieve multiple postings as many of you are on more than one list.  Please let me know if you do not wish to recieve future messages about this gathering.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Blessings,</DIV>
<DIV>Michele Brooks </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>