Cob: One way conversation?

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Tue Dec 10 21:38:31 CST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Amanda Peck wrote:

> I've noticed the same thing.  But there are a couple of cob lists, not just
> this one.  So I'm assuming that some of these people are replying through
> the Yahoo group, which I'm not on.  I could be wrong.
[snip]

Most likely not, if they were replying to a yahoo group, it should show up
in the "To" or "Cc" addresses for the message and I haven't noticed any
like this (didn't even know there was a Yahoo group for cob).  Probably
what is happening is that some people are replying privately to the sender
either intentionally or unintentionally (some mail programs make it very
easy to do this accidentally), so some of the messages are not getting
sent to the list.  Also, in some cases, if your ISP places limits on the
amount of email you can receive and store, some of the messages to you
from the list will be rejected by your ISP when your email-box is full, so
you will miss those messages.