Cob: Cold Sink [Darel]

Kim West kwest at arkansas.net
Wed Dec 18 14:12:51 CST 2002

Hi Darel. My use of "deep cold sink" may have been a bad choice of words. I just didn't know what to call it. What I was referring to was a relatively small hole dug in the ground, say maybe 4'X4' to use to help keep food. It seems that, if you have made an adequate drainage system around your house, and under your foundation, you could do it with little or no moisture problems. If you have, or can get, an old fridge, you could use the door of it to close it if it isn't too big. I didn't want to go the way of having an entire cellar because of the possible problems with water, although the place you spoke of did sound like a good idea. I was just wondering if anyone had tried to make one, and if so, how well did it work.

Kim