Fw: Cob: Cold Sink [Darel]

Bill&Julie wbates at mn.rr.com
Thu Dec 19 08:52:29 CST 2002

This is just to add to the thought process,,,  Years ago I read about the concept of the
"cold sink",, I don't remember what they called it. But the article was in the Alaskan Magazine.
It was a freezer for the out back in the area of the PERMAFROST...  First you built a building
6x6x6 with a highly insulated floor. Through the trap door in the floor you dug down 8 to 12 feet.
And you enlarged a room and built shelves..  This is done in the frozen ground, and that far north you would have a freezer year around,,, This concept would work to various degrees anywhere..   imho:  To do this much work would be therapy,, and if you didn't absolutely have to,, would mean that you needed therapy,,,  ~¿~ Just kinding ~¿~ bill