Cob: Re: Marlin

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 27 18:50:57 CST 2002

Somewhere there's a balance between Ooooh Wow!(beginners mind from which a
lot of new ideas originate, as well as a lot of chaff) and the cynical
seen-it-all (and still capable of screwing up).  when we're working through
ideas we probably need input from both directions.

Actually I'd prefer either to quoting Ianto Evans as if he wrote scripture.
No evidence, no thought, just "Ianto says" therefore it must be true.  And I
occasionally catch myself starting to do just that.

I have my problems with Natural Home magazine.  I suspect that they wanted
to differentiate themselves from Country-side or Mother Earth News by
accepting articles from "writers."  Which means that sometimes the articles
sound rather as though they were written by people who had not much of a
clue what was going on.  And sometimes they're fine.

We COULD declare and end to the topic.  The thermal mass guys get cranky
when they're crossed.  There's one in my county, and his house works very
nicely, thank you, in both winter and summer.  But "Ianto says" that straw
bale is probably better in severe cold, especially if the building is used
only sporadically.

Myra and Kim wrote:

One of my most important life lessons is to not to take things personally.
My grandmother said, "Consider the source" .  I second Kim's request,
Marlin.  Please stay on the list.  Peace.  Namaste.

   Marlin, please do not leave the list. There are already some who have
left, and others who stay but refuse to post. Don't become another, please.
I really enjoy and benefit from your posts!

MSN 8 limited-time offer: Join now and get 3 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_newmsn8ishere_3mf