Cob: What book do you recommend for cob building?

orionrider at earthlink.net orionrider at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 27 22:24:55 CST 2002

SOrry, I forgot an important question.

I'm a visual learner.  With that in mind, which book or books do you consider
invaluable to learning how to build a cob house?

To be more specific, it will probably be post& beam in order to meet
ordinances.  While I'm not trying to build the Taj Mahal, I'm not too keen on
the Jeremiah Johnson shack look either. The post and beam will be done with
the assistance of a master woodsman (who just so happens to be my best
friend.) But the rest is primarily up to me. For financial and timing reasons,
attending a workshop and/or hiring an experienced cob builder is out of the
question.  I would like to learn the good old fashioned way (experience) but
have learned how helpful an illustrated book can be.  I'd hate to drop fourty
bucks on a book that doesn't help.

Thanks and God bless,

Kevin McGrew