Cob: Use of Forms?

Ray Luechtefeld ray at cognitra.com
Sat Dec 28 21:49:25 CST 2002

Hi,

I have been following this list with great interest and we are considering
doing a cob house in South Central Missouri.

My problem is that I don't have a lot of time to spend working on a cob
house.  I saw a reference to historical cob buildings that mentioned that
some of the "newer" (150 years old) cob houses were built with forms to hold
the cob in place.

Does this mean that the cob can be mixed and then just poured into the
forms, like concrete?  I haven't heard anything about this approach and
would like to know if anyone has any information or comments about it.

Thanks.

Ray