Cob: re: use of wool

Siki McIvor sikimcsiki at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 13 09:36:39 CDT 2003

Didn't think I'd be writing to this list, just reading but thought I'd give
my experience with wool.  I am a felter and for many years had no trouble
with moths as I left  my wool all over the place unbagged.  Then I put some
wool in storage for 6 years and got moths.  I have been battling them since.
(I freeze the wool).  Having that experience, if I used it for insulation I
would either wash and borax it (and cross my fingers) or keep it in double
layers of plastic bags tightly sealed.  In my experience, when moths do
arrive they will eat any wool greasy or not (not to mention eat experimental
holes in silk, I'm told).

siki