Cob: progress

phil phawn1 at excite.com
Tue Jul 1 12:48:15 CDT 2003

I still read posts everyday but have had nothing to report until now. Sunday morning I finally broke through on the last couple feet of foundation digging. Four months after I started the trench is finished. Along the way I have a lot of rain and a lot of VERY large rocks but persistence has won. I am in the process of finding inexpensive rock rubble to fill with and then I can start the stem wall. It doesn't look like I'll get to the cob this season. Fingers crossed though.

For those that may not remember: I'm in the mtns of NC building a 13' in diameter round house as an experiment before I tackle a full fledged house. We hope to use the round house as an example for the counrty building inspector. Also, we have formed a natural building coalition to help educate the public (and inspectors) as well as form a support network for those who are interested in natural building.

Phil Hawn

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com