Google
Web www.deatech.com

Cob: Cob Homes in Canada?

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Wed Aug 6 10:32:51 PDT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Dawn Demers wrote:

> Hello there!  I am a Canadian living in the province of Ontario. I have
> become very interested in the cob home and would like to know if anyone has
> attempted building one anywhere in Canada or specifically in Ontario?  If so
>  I'd like to know how you got past the building codes and difficulties you
> came across in the building.  My father, who built two homes single-handedly
[snip]

I don't know anything about permit issues related to this building, but
Cob Cottage Company did do a building in Ontario a few years back, the
walls were a cob/strawbale "sandwich", I don't remember much about the
location except that it was affiliated with a project involving Patch
Adams, and a quick web search came up with this:

   Rainbow Valley Community Health Centre in Killaloe, Ontario, Canada

It may be worth pursuing further for someone in the area. I suppose
you could also just give Cob Cottage Company a call for the specific
location.

Solar powered hosting (from our cob office building) provided by: DeaTech Research Inc. using Debian Linux based servers.  We highly recommend, use, and provide support services for Debian Linux Logo Debian Linux.

If you should have any problems with this page or website, please send email describing the problem(s) to: webmaster@deatech.com

Last Modified: Wednesday, 09-Dec-2009 19:34:47 CST

If you wish to be permanently blocked from ever being able to send email to this domain, send your SPAM messages to: blackhole@deatech.com