[Cob] chiggers

Kim West kwest at arkansas.net
Sat Nov 1 20:45:52 CST 2003

Strange. I've lived in Arkansas for most of 42 years, I live in the boonies,
and I have always spent a lot of time outdoors, yet have had chiggers only
once in those 42 years--about 2 years ago. I got them from a well known
place that they hide--in a blackberry patch, and bleach absolutely did get
rid of them. Have also heard that they love the Spanish moss in the trees in
Louisiana.

Kim

PS: Ticks do not jump, are you thinking of fleas maybe? ...and the best way
to get rid of baby ticks--seed ticks that are barely visible yet can be
felt--is with bleach also. Works every time. Some people dilute it in a
bath, but full strength applied with a washcloth works best.

Jilly says her son got chiggers during a visit to Arkansas, and that bleach
did not get rid of them, and that ticks are supposed to jump.