[Cob] Animals and Cob homes

Mike Swink mswink77 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 14 06:26:45 CST 2004

Well if you think this letter is not cob related     think a little bit
more.
This brief note is about living with wildlife and staying alive.

Yesterday a car was totaled out   not by a deer   but a black bear.! The
deers learned we dont shoot them in the city limits. So there was five
eating the plants in my neighbors yard last night.

Where is the cob connection? The temperament of the animals are changeing.
The deer stood down one person in his own yard last year.  Ever seen what a
buck can do to a person?

Common things I learned over the years is to use tight closeing lids on
garbage containers. Simply do not put food scraps in garbage.

Since most Cob Homes are not in the city. And rural practices of garbage
collection are diffrent give a little time to this. Dont not bait animals
and find them comeing to your home .  One  dead  child  is  enough  said.

You can put scraps in used bread bags and then in freezer till day of
collection.
Since food scraps are a small part of trash. A seperate metal can could be
answer. If you can not freeze scraps till day of collection.

Not sure if list owner wants this sort of fringe topics. Correct me if this
is case. I love this list over all that are on the web.