[Cob] Cob wattle and daub with post and beam

Luanna Dycus lcdycus at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 20:07:57 CST 2004

Jumping in late on this topic.  I also plan to use
poplar, maple and oak timbers for my house.  I was
advised to put up the post framing, adding scrap
lumber to the outside of the posts to add thickness
(12" for straw-clay infill insulation).  Use saplings
for vertical and horizontal wattle and daub with cob.
I also have MANY sapplings and damaged trees to use.
Also can use the saplings poles for lofts, ceilings
with ligh straw-clay above.

Luanna