[Cob] (Cob) Rocket Stove, Down Draft

michael list at www.spirallic.net
Sat Jan 17 12:28:46 CST 2004

Shannon,

I was wondering if you have taken one of the Cob cottage pyromania workshops?
Is there any difference between and rocket stove and a down draft stove?

I have one of those double barrell, one-on-top of the other, stoves that i
found on the side of the road.  I was looking into buying the missing
parts of the kit. Like this:
http://www.vogelzang.com/barrel_stoves.htm

But i like the idea and space saving factor of a down draft, rocket or jet
stove.  When i saw one at the Cob Cottage heart house site they had it
running through they're greenhouse - the pipe or flue that is.  At the end
there was hardly any smoke coming out. Isn't this one of the benefits of a
rocket stove?

Here are my links on the subject:
http://www.efn.org/~apro/AT/atrocketpage.html

Not a rocket stove,but a barrell stove:
http://www.electricrailroad.com/Stove/Stove.html

I will definately want to purchase Ianto's new book,
but meanwhile can you shed your light on the subject shannon????

thanks

m i c h e l

http://cob.spirallic.net