[Cob] COB NOT DRYING

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at HFHI.org
Wed Jan 21 14:08:27 CST 2004

Mix sound fine, it's the cold and dampness. Should be able to take another layer thought, you don't have to wait for each layer to dry.
Pat
www.gypsyfarm.com

-----Original Message-----
From: CM Hellwinckel [mailto:chellwin at utk.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 2:55 PM
To: coblist at deatech.com
Subject: [Cob] COB NOT DRYING

Hello,

I'm building my first cob wall and the first layer on the rock
foundation is taking over 2 weeks and counting to dry.
My mix was 60-70% sand and 40-30% clay.and straw.  Its been cold and wet
as usual in East Tennessee but I have kept the wall covered when
precipitating.
Should I just be more patient or is the wetness an indication that my
mix is wrong?