[Cob] bam photo

Mary Hooper mjhooper at trccomputing.com
Thu Feb 12 01:45:36 CST 2004

Elizabeth wrote:

  From what I have read, most damage was to buildings described as
"unreinforced adobe brick", which I know is a very different building
method.  At any rate, this photo is sobering.
++++++++
Eliz:
Don't forget that Bam has been there about a 1000 years, I think. A  pretty
good lifespan in earthquake territory. Any building that is hit dead on by
an earthquake is likely to crumble...... My suggestion: Unless you're
planning to build on a fault line, stay sober, but don't let Bam keep you
awake at night. Life is too short. :-)
Mary in NC