[Cob] Soundproofing on a traditionally built wall

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:22:03 CST 2004

Probably iffy.

Not an expert on acoustics, but low frequencies are fairly
non-directional-why you only need one sub-woofer in a speaker array--so they
might go around and up through the floor about as easily as they go through
a wall.

Then there's the possiblity of the owner's association being happy about you
bringing in a ton of mud. (and how well the buildings were built in the
first place--there's a notorious building in Nashville that I think got
itself stabilized, but for the framers, the great trick was to jump on one
edge of the third story, feel the whole structure move an inch or so west,
go to the opposite side, move it back east.  The people putting brick up
around it weren't happy.)

try styrofoam first?  call it artwork?  Some sort of straw board?

MY mind could be changed, I'd be happy to hear others on this!

m.l. dunn wrote:

I want to block out the loud bass from my neighbor that penetrates
through our common wall. I'm curious to see if cob will help me solve
this problem. Any suggestions, resources? I own my condo. lulu

Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up
Accelerator. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/