[Cob] Re: cob with buttresses

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 22 17:22:04 CST 2004

I kind of wish I'd sent a message to the list that I sent to somebody
privately.  Oh, well, my words aren't THAT deathless.

Flying buttresses made possible bigger, lighter, more decorative
buildings--big cathedrals as opposed to what was it, Romanesque (?)
churches.  They were kind of all over the place while still doing the job,
as opposed to massive stepwise affairs to keep the vaults in place.

Gaudi might have had a ball with them.

I do hope, though, if he had put flower pots on the top there was enough
drainage to prevent the cob from falling apart.  And we're not talking about
geraniums here, but something like some of the giant cycads.

Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage.