[Cob] why? cob stoves & light straw

Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Sun Feb 22 17:33:13 CST 2004

Ok Now I am confused..why does a mass heat oven need light insulation?? I was
stuck thinking about addition of the wood ash, which is used for metal and
large drum rocket stoves...to keep the heat to the food, not the metal...

BUT a cob oven cooks by slow  heat radiating to the food inside.... right? so
a thin cob wall would not hold heat as  long, and I don't see a reason to mess
with a basic horno design..did I miss an email somewhere??

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
http://www.papercrete.com