[Cob] icynene

Mary Hooper mjhooper at trccomputing.com
Wed Feb 25 13:08:42 CST 2004

Ah! thanks to Marlin I get the picture. Sounds like the stuff some catalog places are using  for packing in place of styrofoam "popcorn". It does disintegrate in water, as I tried it out.
Sounds harmless enough. Someone has to come up with a more marketable name, though.

Now the question is, does this qualify for "natural" enough for cob building? Better, surely than waxed soaked burlap as discussed recently. But maybe not better than wool bats, also discussed lately.

Cob buildings are small, so it might be cost effective for those in cold climates.

Anyone have any web links or experience with this stuff?
Mary