[Cob] (no subject)

yew yew at premier1.net
Fri Apr 2 11:16:45 CST 2004

From: "The Pruett's"

>What is the average cost per square foot (or length foot) of cob?
>Not including all the other house building needs there
>are, of course.

I'd say it's impossible to estimate without knowing what materials are
available on-site (clay/sand deposits, etc.).  Because of these factors, I
can't imagine you could glean a meaningful average.

>A site I follow says it is $400/LF for adobe.
>Isn't that a lot?

Sounds like a lot to me, but here again, we don't know what factors are
being considered when determining the estimate.

Brina