[Cob] (no subject)

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sat Apr 3 00:47:26 CST 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 08:18:47PM +0000, David Knowlton wrote:
>i angered some folks by suggesting that someone engineer a way to make
>sustainable building commercially profitable. my idea was that if it's
>good for the planet, why not make money at it? money is good. (i'm
>conservative)
>
>detractors felt i had tainted an idea central to cob - that being that
>by doing it yourself you can be free of a 30 year mortgage, which i
>think they viewed as being a nasty capitalist form of enslavement.

YHWH commands the death penalty on his people who lend on usury.  By
accepting such a loan, you become party to the persons crime, and so
also liable to death.  Usury means any charging of interest.

There is nothing nasty about the free market, but rebelling against God
always brings dire consequences.

When the kinsman redeemer laws (concerning land ownership) start to get
enforced again, things will be pretty interesting for a few years.

Jonathan

--
Eukleia: Jonathan Walther
Address: 13685 Hilton Road, Surrey, BC V3R5J8 (Canada)