[Cob] Re: width of cob walls

Jennifer Hileman-Reinhart jennlynn at kiva.net
Thu Apr 8 18:20:21 CDT 2004

We are building a 1 1/2 story cob house and it is 24 inches wide at the
bottom.  We are planning a 5% taper on the 1st story and then straight
without any taper on the second story.  Our second story will not have
full 7ft ceilings except where we will place the ridge beam and have
the stairs entering - sleeping loft upstairs.  And the square footage
is conservative with the footprint being less than 300 sq ft. (it's a
pretty organic shape and we haven't been able to measure exactly but if
you draw a box around it, you get about 300. . .)
jenn

The Reinhart's
Baby Creek Road
Bloomington, In