[Cob] pine needle cob

Quinn quinn1 at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 27 22:12:57 CDT 2004

I wonder how that cob would hold up to stress?  The reason I ask is because it seems to me that pine needles, even old ones, are inherently resinous, therefore water repellant.  And that that would make them cob-repellant at some intimate internal level.  Although maybe soaking them releases the oils and allows the oils to bind throughout the clay mix, making the cob stronger and somewhat more waterproof?

How's it holding up?  Anyone have any insights?

I'm thinking about dog hair as a binder, but maybe that's just because I'm being inundated by three dogs shedding in the newly warm weather.  Seriously, has anyone used it?  Any thoughts?

Quinn