[Cob] Announcement: Advanced Natural Building & Building Science Workshop

ANovelli at aol.com ANovelli at aol.com
Tue May 4 14:04:59 CDT 2004

Hi from your friends at DCAT!

We have worked hard with the good folks at Solar Energy International to
bring together this workshop on natural building, straw bale construction and
building science. Having people like John Straube, Jeff Ruppert and Stephen Kanipe
in the same workshop is a rare treat, giving us the chance to explore both
the building science, engineering, and building codes sides of the discussion.
All are exemplary in their fields, and we are lucky to have them, and of course
DCAT will provide its uniique views and experience as well. We hope you will
consider joining us!

We dug pretty deep into our email address books, so if this message gets
crossposted or otherwise is sent to someplace unwanted, of course we will remove
you. Just let us know!

Best wishes,
David Eisenberg and Tony Novelli

In case you haven't heard about this, there is a great workshop planned
June 21st -25th in beautiful Carbondale, Colorado. There's still room -
in fact a little too much room, so if you're interested, please get in
touch with SEI and sign up soon. It will be great fun and an excellent
opportunity to explore in depth a wide range of subjects from basic
building science to specific details related to designing and building
durable, healthy, environmentally responsible structures. For more
information please visit the Solar Energy International website at
www.solarenergy.org

The Solar Energy International Advanced Natural Building & Building
Science Workshop

Building professionals including architects, builders/contractors,
engineers, building scientists, and code officials are invited to explore
the new challenges inherent in natural house building systems. This
workshop is for professionals in the green building, solar design and/or
natural house building field. Participants will look at the design and
construction details associated with the lessons learned, building
science, hybrid solutions and the integrated design approach.

Topics will include:
- Hybrid Solutions
- Engineering for Natural Building
- Building Science
- Integrated Design
- Suggested Details
- Building Forensics and Testing

JUNE 21st - 25th
Carbondale, Colorado
Featured Guest Instructors:
- David Eisenberg from the Development Center for Appropriate Technology
- John Straube from the School of Architecture and Dept of Civil
Engineering University of Waterloo
- Jeff Ruppert of Odisea, LLC in Boulder, Colorado
- Stephen Kanipe of the Aspen/Pitkin County Building Department

SOLAR ENERGY INTERNATIONAL (SEI)
PO Box 715 . Carbondale, CO 81623
tel: 970-963-8855 . fax: 970-963-8866
sei at solarenergy.org . www.solarenergy.org

Tony Novelli
Assistant Director
P.O. Box 27513
Tucson, Arizona 85726-7513 USA
(520) 624-6628
(520) 798-3701 Fax
<A HREF="http://www.dcat.net">http://www.dcat.net</A>

*************************
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know
peace"
      -Jimi Hendrix
The Development Center for Appropriate Technology is a not for profit
organization that is supported solely by foundation grants and charitable
contributions from corporations, small business, and individuals. Our mission is to
enhance the health of the planet and our communities by promoting a shift to
sustainable construction and development through leadership, strategic
relationships, and education. To learn about how you can support DCAT’s crucial work, visit
our website at www.dcat.net.