[Cob] DRUM PLANTER (cross posted) Lime wash over AE?

Charmaine Taylor-dirtcheapbuilder tms at northcoast.com
Sun May 9 14:17:33 CDT 2004

Reply to Pat: on using AE limewashes-

The AE will hold some of the white wash, but not a lot, so it will not
look as you want.  the thing to do is make a clay-lime paint to go over
the AE.

You CAN  paint AE direct on the bags, then come back with a thin layer
of AE-paper or sawdust- and coat a second layer.

I am doing a lot of experimenting with AE and Rub-R Slate mixes which
have cardboard, paper, sand, sawdust, lime etc. recipes deviating from
the original mixes the inventor gave.  And AE can stick well to
anything.

Below: Clothes dryer drum  completed with an AE- Rub-R-Slate finish,
with a pure lime-paper plaster over it, colored with laundry bluing and
pigments from Sinopia and Bayferrox

Pigments mixed with water and drizzled over the rough lime plaster,
allowed to run it's own pattern.  I flipped the drum and put the green
pigment going the reverse..

the glass shown is broken "pipe" and "bong" glass from a local blown
glass artist...yeah it's legal, never been used for the intended
purpose. ( no residue)  (g)

http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/drum-1.jpg    dryer DRUM AT BEGINNING

http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/drum-ae1.jpg   DRUM WITH AE COAT

http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/drum3.jpg   DRUM WITH RUB-R-SLATE MIX

http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/drum4.jpg    RUB-R-SLATE DRY

http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/drum-greyside.jpg LIME-CLAY-RHA PLASTER
MIX-GREY

one side has RHA (rice hull ash)  ADDED TO GIVE A different  COLOR.

http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/drum_1598.JPG   PIGMENT DRIZZLED OVER
LIME PLASTER

LAUNDRY BLUING USED, +GREEN.PURPLE PIGMENTS
http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/drumdone1.jpg     PIPE GLASS WIRED
through HOLES IN DRUM

Ms. Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com    http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten CA 95534
707-441-1632

http://dirtcheapbuilder.blogspot.com/   resources for building/lime