[Cob] roman cement

Marlin lightearth at onebox.com
Sat Jun 5 19:15:33 CDT 2004

Yea, we used Fired Clay (Grog) from a clay supplier here in Wisconsin and it seemed to work great,,,,,,Volcanic Ash is only available in certain areas but plenty of folks have built Roman cement without it  -- - - heard burnt clay is a common additive from everything I've read. Woood ash, I don't believe, has the parts that are neccessary for the Lime to react with it, if it does it might be a weak pozzolan.

Marlin

           info at outtathebox.org
           www.outtathebox.org
"There are solutions to the major problems of our time, some of them even simple. But they require a radical shift in our perceptions, our thinking, and our values."
   - [Fritjof Capra]