[Cob] mortar for rock walk

Deborah Denmark ddenmark at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 19 21:12:50 CDT 2004

Hi fellow cobbers,
All this talk about cement prompted me to come out of lurkdom (I don't have any knowledge to impart yet) and write in to ask a question.

My cob house is still somewhere in the future. So...
This summer I would like to lay some rock (collected from my garden) for a walkway to pretty up our current place.

I am fairly sure cob would work temporarily and eventually erode away.

What would be best to use that would last longer, hold the rocks in place and NOT have concrete/cement in the mix.

My DH wants to just pour a bag of cement on the rocks, spread it around to fill the space between the rocks, wet it down and let it dry.  I am the one here who thinks environment/natural/doing things the best way possible and according to him, just plain nuts.

Thanks in advance,
Deborah
ddenmark at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~ddenmark/GreenTreeArtsHome.html