[Cob] C. Taylor & cobbing over stove

Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Tue Jun 29 13:34:09 CDT 2004

Yes, the  Masonry stoves are a great idea for indoors, this cheapie is
outside in my  open (roofed over)  glass enclosed work area, and I am
planning to burn all the bits of scrap wood his winter, and keep warm
while making my mud pies/experiments  outside.

  Designing a circ.  baffle is prolly beyond my skill level, but I DID
think of bending the pipe and cobbing the chimney to run along side the
inner patio as a "radiator": to the heat just does not go UP but is
curved to radiate at hip level.  so much ambition and so little time
eh?

Ianto's indoor burner has a chimney running thru a cob bench to heat
it, and tales of people not wanting to get off it to go home are
legend..it is comfy and warm,
I saw another indoor cob bench built this way   in Grass Valley CA,
that had the pipe cobbed in too close to the  top ( seating area), and
it got uncomfortably hot I hear, they had to keep pillows on it.

Charmaine Taylor Publishing  books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
PO Box 375 Cutten CA   95534 707-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com  www.papercrete.com

thanks for your comment