[Cob] bottles in cob

Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Wed Jul 21 16:39:41 CDT 2004

Hi Ian, I have seen bottles in an Aussie cob which were all angled down
slightly. not set  perfect horizontal, to be sure moisture did not set
inside.   but they were mostly 5 gallon jugs, and I know the papercrete
images show a lot of bottles in walls too.and closing it off  inside to
prevent spider and ant  hotels is a good idea,  maybe save the corks
from the wine bottles, and dry them thoroughly? before using.

however   Rob Roy and others face one bottle inside another cut bottle,
and wrap them with printing plates of aluminum with a rubber band to
hold in place to span the

you will get very little light actually coming into the room if the
narrow neck is  facing in, and  has cob all around it, this is why two
bottles nest inside each other  thru the entire wall span.