[Cob] Quanset roof ?

Luanna Dycus lcdycus at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 22:12:13 CDT 2004

I forgot to add that the individual panels are 1'
wideand undulating.  I hope to seal it, cover with 2
layers of 6mil plastic, place used carpet jute side up
on it and run vines up it to cover it.

I have an unassembled quanset style steel building.
Due to the cost of having a foundation formed and
poured, I would like to use it as a roof.  Any ideas
on how to tackle this?  It will be heavy, so I need to
be sure that it is well supported.  I would like to
use columns or buttresses in order to have some
windows on the sides, if possible.  I have quite a bit
of stone here as well as sandy clay soil.

Thanks,
Luanna