[Cob] Western Canada

Georgie Donais georgie at busygirl.ca
Mon Aug 9 06:25:00 CDT 2004

I live in Toronto, Ontario and have been following the coblist for some
time. I just came back from my mom's place in Saskatchewan, where I finally
got a chance to get muddy and build with cob, making a (small) wall and
(larger than I expected) fireplace. You can see it at
http://www.busygirl.ca/summer04/index.htm

Herb, are you driving? There is Karen in Alberta who is on this list and is
building a cob wall; you might be driving right by her. I'm doing some
checking about Saskatchewan and will report if I find anything. I don't
know of any formal courses or anything happening here at all once you get
to Ontario; I would love to know if anyone else does. We will hopefully be
attempting a bread oven in our back yard and some benches at a friend's in
the next couple of weeks. I can let you know more about that if you are
interested.

Georgie