[Cob] Stone in cob

Brent Flaco Wilson realm_fitness at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:41:39 CDT 2004

Has anyone ever built a home using stones with cob as mortar?  Given you
have a rubble trench footing.  Also interested in "plastering a cob home on
the south facing sidewith stone, perhaps like veneer stones, flag stones, or
mayb embedding smooth flat stones gatherd from the coast.  The stones will
be great for insulation-radiation purposes.  I guess one could do a whole
room on the interior that way with stones, coral, shells, and starfish for
the bathroom beach effect.  I have seen cob benches in portland with mosaic
work so this idea of stones seems reasonable?