[Cob] New poster; lime source?

Jon Kerr jonskerr at visi.com
Wed Aug 25 00:45:14 CDT 2004

Hi Everybody!

Been lurking for awhile, but have a serious question for the group now:

Where can a fella get lime/mason's lime/quicklime in the Twin Cities
area?  Google doesn't even have anything!  And I searched the home
depot but nothing. There's this gorgeous limestone cliff face next to
the river in St Paul with tons of fine sand at the bottom, but I don't
really have a way to heat it to 1200 degrees.  Plus I made a halfway
decent earth oven, but would like to get a protective lime plaster on
it pretty soon and don't want to wait for lime putty to age. Any ideas?

Jon Kerr

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public."
     -- Theodore Roosevelt, speaking on President Wilson's crackdown on
dissent after the U.S. entered W.W.I