[Cob] Want a flue-heated bench?...must use Ianto's rocket stove!

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Fri Aug 27 10:43:29 CDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 ocean at woodfiredeatery.com wrote:

A couple of minor corrections:

> rocket stove works with a long (up to twenty foot!) horizontal flue bench

The horizontal piping can run considerably further than this, I am aware
of stoves with over over 40 feet of pipe (though it doesn't mean your
bench has to be that long), and there is no reason to believe that it
can't go further, though there is probably some physical limit, and the
amount of additional heat you can extract per additional foot will drop
considerably as it gets longer, so there is probably little point in going
much over 40 or 50 feet unless you have built a particularly large unit.

[snip]
> which he calls the "heat riser", which allows the wood to completely
> vaporize and burn at temperatures up to 1100F, so that only steam and
[snip]

Should be "temperatures up to 2000 deg. F.", I think you might have meant
"1100 deg. C." (which is roughly equivalent).