[Cob] cob model stands up to massive earthquake

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 4 19:27:18 CDT 2004

Yay!

I guess we'll see the shape of the building when you get up pictures (how
much in the way of buttresses and so on, not what shape it was in after the
test--we got told that!).

I've seen videos of truck cabs on the shake tables back when I worked for a
truck manufacturer.  Shake tables are pretty exciting.

Ian wrote (snipped):
However, technical difficulties with the shake table hydraulics resulted in
the table repeatedly contacting the bumper pads, delivering massive shocks
and subjecting the model to excessive forces.